Cost Management Specialists
- identify opportunities to:
- improve cashflow, increase profit & leverage greater ROI
- optimise value to increase revenue
- minimise waste, reduce error & manage variance
- streamline flow & enable greater throughput
- develop a more agile & cross functional culture
- engage staff in business intelligence & demand forecasting
John Cleary founded CMS in 1993 and is valued by national & international clients for his cost management skills in increasing profit.
John holds post graduate qualifications from Melbourne and Monash Universities and is a Fellow of the Certified Institute of Cost Management & the Institute of Company Directors.
John is committed to outcomes that are multiples of client investment including engaging client staff in cost management projects to develop their insight & career opportunities.
Since 1993, Cost Management Specialists have used internationally proven tools & techniques to convert potential revenue to hard $s in client’s bank.
Change management is easier when CMS provide expertise, energy & support to:
- identify the opportunity cost of benefits foregone daily through the waste, error & unmanaged variance in business as usual (BAU)
- convert hidden revenue (Lost, Foregone, Escape) to banked $s
Our results driven strategy is focussed on customer centricity, quality, demand planning & adding value by minimising waste, reducing error & managing variance.
Our DNA drives ongoing research into the cost/benefit of innovative solutions. Our commitment to ‘best value’ is achieved by market testing & tenders.
We encourage consideration of a ‘digital by default’ business model to assess the opportunities, risks & benefits of digital transformation.
CMS Consultants make the 'invisible visible' & identify opportunity to make 'the impossible possible'. They often ask WHY & use their cost management eyes & ears, tools & techniques to:
- find hidden profit opportunities
- build staff cost management understanding & capability
- improve throughput in response to demand to increase profit.
- optimise revenue by managing physical & non-physical constraints which reduce flow, throughput & profit
- reduce non-value adding activities e.g. waste, error & variance
- improve process or re-engineering or digitally transformation
- cure the cancer of silos where ‘parts’ undermine value
Return on Investment (ROI) Redefined
CMS maximises return on investment for:
- Owners - improving return on capital with confidence in ongoing profitability
- Clients - creating the perception of value in meeting needs 'in full' and 'on time'
- C Suite & Managers - skill in using labour, capital & plant in leveraging return
- Staff - expertise and experience developing 'job skills for life' & career opportunities
Value Stream Thinking
The value stream includes all activities and processes from order to fulfillment to payment. It represents the interrelationship across the enterprise in meeting customers needs.
Cost Management Specialists enterprise improvement strategy streamlines the value stream. Digital transformation is an important option to consider.
‘Above the water’ value stream activity hides a myriad of ‘below the water’ activity.
The challenge is to deliver client value 'on time' & 'in full' to deliver a positive customer experience.
Functional silos and processes along a value stream create & deliver optimum value through cross functional collaboration making ‘the whole' greater than ‘the sum of the parts’.