‘different thinking for better results’
Key stakeholder engagement in cost management is more effective when we distinguish between Profit, which is for shareholders exclusively, and Return on Investment which is for:
- Owners– through greater profit and increased business resale value
- Clients– through their positive perception of ‘value’ because of their customer experience
- Staff– through continuous improvement skills, an outcome focus, and CV additions
- Suppliers– through confidence in demand, payment, and willingness to tender to keep your business
Cost Management Specialists Consulting Principal & Teams
John Cleary initiated Cost Management Specialists over 20 years ago to apply different cost management thinking to drive better financial results.
John is a Graduate of both Melbourne University and Monash University, a Fellow of the Certified Institute of Cost Management, a Fellow of the Institute of Company Directors, and a Leadership Victoria alumnus.
As Managing Director of parent company Blue Chip Consulting Group, John also brings skills in the Strategy, Leadership, Governance & Organisational Development.
Clients appreciate John’s ability to engage key stakeholders and develop their insight, skills, and experience in performance improvement by defining, agreeing, and implementing solutions using:
- internationally proven tools & techniques to make the invisible visible
- eyes, ears, and insight to enhance your value stream (order to payment or function or task)
- diverse business diagnostic skills to improve throughput, increase ROI & boost profit
- change management skills to deliver cost-benefit through improvement, re-engineering, or transformation
The Value Perspective
Systems thinking takes a holistic view of how constituent parts work over time within larger systems.
A business is a value stream (order to delivery to payment depending on terms and conditions) which creates greater value when the whole is greater than the parts.
In an Enterprise Project (e.g. Workforce Panning, Leveraging ROI), Cost Management Specialists analyse the value stream from order to payment, dissecting processes to identify opportunities to add value, minimise waste, reduce error and manage variance in an integrated organisation.
Leveraging ROI Projects, previously Find the Hidden Profit:
- facilitate stakeholder engagement & cross-functional collaboration
- reconcile diverse views to make ‘the whole’ greater than ‘the sum of the parts’
- identify solutions to add value, improve cashflow, increase ROI & boost
- either across the value stream or within the value stream
In a Specific Project (e.g. Operational Audit, Tendering), Cost Management Specialists analyse processes within the value stream to identify how to add value, minimise waste, reduce error, and manage variance in a more integrated organisation or deliver ‘best value’.
Cost Management Specialists Consulting Teams compromise any or all of the following disciplines:
incl. Target Costing
Business Process Management
incl. Value Stream Mapping
incl. Human Resource Mngt.
incl. Business Intelligence
incl. Digital Transformation
incl. Revenue Generation
Contact John Cleary on +61 411 522 521 to discuss how Cost Management Specialists partner with you to improve your financial performance or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“A cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscar Wilde